Free shipping for US orders over $75

Winter lighting that will illuminate your outdoor space

winter lighting

Often times the cool temperatures and shrill darkness of winter overlap with the oncoming weeks of spring. So, although we’re inching our way into the month of March, depending on the region that you call home, you may still be experiencing somber, gloomy evenings. That being said, winter lighting has the wondrous ability to illuminate your front porch, backyard, driveway and the surrounding limits of your property line. So, before you start celebrating spring’s approach, take another look at your outdoor lighting scheme.

Shine some light emitting diodes (LEDs)

LEDs really are mind-blowing in terms of lighting technology. Allowing an electric current to pass through, rather than heating a filament or discharging gas, these little semiconductor devices emit a superpower light source.

Considered to be state-of-the-art bulbs, they’re 80% more energy efficient than traditional fluorescent and incandescent lights — that’s why they’re worth the higher price tag — with 95% of their energy converted to light, leaving only 5% wasted as heat. Now, that’s a true, economic technology. In a nutshell, these eco-friendly lighting solutions reduce the demand from power plants, last much longer and decrease our greenhouse gas emissions.

Now that you know a little about how LEDs work to help put savings back in your wallet, you’ll understand why we recommend them to use for the winter months and any other time of the year. LED garden lighting illuminates the beauty of your flowerbeds and outdoor decor by providing an alluring glare of decorative accenting. After all, as a hard-working homeowner, you should be able to enjoy your lush garden landscape, even if it’s all covered in a snowy powder.

Flood some directional lighting

If you’re wanting to shed some light in a certain direction of your property or if you feel the need to deter unwanted guests, directional lighting is an astounding solution to your lighting needs. Encompass the beauty of your property to its full potential when you use these incredible fixtures to uplift or down lift aesthetic features or simply direct illumination to the deep, dark corners. Winter, spring, summer or fall, this lighting solution is a year-round upgrade!

Light your wintery path

Many homeowners neglect the endless advantages of an array of path lights. Like many other illuminative fixtures, path lights are able to provide a beautiful glow of vibrancy to your property and nearby surroundings, as well as light up the area to deter crime from taking place. However, they also have the power to promote home safety and can be used, especially during the winter months, to illuminate the way to your front door when your guests are navigating through gloomy weather conditions. After all, not everyone has a flashlight in hand and black ice can be detrimental if you slip and fall. Most of all, path lighting creates a groovy, linear line of light that is gorgeous if you look from afar.  

Are there any other ways that you can upgrade your winter lighting? Tell us in the comments section below.

Alex Wilks is the Social Media & Content Creator for Trek Marketing. Her work has been featured on Global News, Black Press Media, andthe Kwantlen Chronicle