Flood lights are a type of lighting fixture that provides a broad beam of illumination, which works well for casting a wide spread of light over large areas.
While flood lights can be used for many purposes, they are explicitly designed for outdoor areas and are eqyipped with the durability required to withstand all types of weather conditions. Effectively capturing a vast area with their beam by giving off an intense light, flood lights are also ideal to add protection and safety at night.
What are flood lights used for?
Landscape Flood Lights effectively spread illumination to larger areas, making these fixtures one of the most functional lighting sources for outdoor use. They’re also widely utilized as security lights for large property areas by eliminating any blind spots for added safety at night.
- Stage lighting
- Landscape lighting
- Driveway lighting
- Sports arenas
- Backyard lighting
- Architectural buildings
- Patio lighting
Which flood lights are best for the outdoors?
Generally speaking, most flood lights are explicitly used outdoors as their wide bream and brightness wouldn't be effective for indoor spaces. Nonetheless, some of the most prevalent types of outdoor landscape flood lights are metal halide, sodium vapor, halogen, and LED.
While each type has its pros and cons, we recommend choosing LED Flood Lights, as they’re more equipped to withstand outdoor conditions, such as varying temperatures. Moreover, LED uses energy much more efficiently, allowing you to keep your flood lights on all night without worrying about increasing the cost of your electric bill.
Do flood lights deter burglars?
One of the most functional uses for flood lights is to prevent harmful incidents and/or deter burglars away from your property at night. Burglars tend to stay away from areas or properties that are well-lit, and since flood lights effectively eliminate blind spots, you can rest assured that you've added some home security just by incorporating flood lights.
Having a light on at night also alerts everyone that someone is at home. Hence LED Outdoor Landscape Flood Lights are likely to prevent any potential burglars that are lurking for unoccupied homes.
How many lumens for backyard flood light?
One of the best measures for actual brightness for lighting fixtures is what they call lumens. For an average flood light that will be used for a backyard or landscape area, the range of 700 to 1300 lumens, which is an excellent range to start. This number can still vary depending on which area you'll be placing your flood lights and how much brightness it requires.
Benefits of using landscape flood lights
Before you get too excited about decorating your landscape with these sophisticated lighting systems, let's first discuss some of the benefits you'll get once you incorporate some flood lighting.
- High visibility and widespread lighting - When it comes to illuminating large areas such as a driveway, or even an entire outdoor landscape, there's nothing more efficient than flood lighting. It can deliver intense brightness with a broad beam that effectively captures a vast area with just a single fixture. Even just one or two flood lights make a massive difference in your outdoor space.
- Drastically improve home security - Aside from their decorative purposes, outdoor flood lights also function well for safety and protection during nighttime. By effectively eliminating blind spot areas, you can rest assured that the bright lights will prevent burglars from entering your property at night.
- Durable construction for longevity - Since floodlights are commonly used for outdoor purposes, they come with high-quality construction and are made from durable materials to withstand outdoor circumstances. LED Landscape flood lights by Best Pro Lighting have no problem operating at cooler temperatures and varied weather conditions.
- Increase your property value - Aside from home security and decorative purposes, outdoor lighting, such as flood lights, are an easy way to substantially increase your property value without much effort.
- The versatility of use - Landscape flood lights are not only used for residential lighting but could also be fantastic for commercial properties. All the more reasons why outdoor flood lights are one of the most versatile fixtures available.
Best Flood Lights for Sale
Flood lighting allows homeowners to showcase their beautiful surroundings by positioning the fixture to cast a spread of illumination across their property. While many use flood lighting as a security measure, it can also be used as a striking home and garden feature.
Whether you plan to use your flood lighting for bathing entire scenes in illumination or to highlight something special, with the help of our flood light selection, you'll be able to put a spotlight on all your worthwhile landscape features.
Let our exclusive flood lighting selection help you encompass all the elements of your beautiful backyard with state-of-the-art lights made from heavy-duty cast aluminum, possessing a powder-coated finish in Black or Rust. We even have excellent customer reviews to back it all up. It'll soon become one of the most advantageous outdoor lighting upgrades you've ever made.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead and browse our high-quality LED Floodlights for sale at the most affordable prices you'll find on the market today here at Best Pro Lighting!Read Less