Just because summertime is close to packing it up for another year, doesn’t mean that you can’t spend the remaining weeks enjoying your backyard. After all, this is the perfect time to get excited about creating a stylish outdoor living space that you can be proud to call your home. While many activities, like social distant BBQ’s, can’t easily be enjoyed year-round, the elemental details that brighten up your yard can, even if it’s through a window smeared with fresh autumn rain. Continue reading to gain the inspiration you need to adorn your backyard space!
Add an organic touch by building a walking path
Whether you want to create a walking space to guide your guests through your garden’s surroundings or you simply are hoping to accentuate the beauty of your outdoor area and figured the organic appeal of a pathway could do the trick, there are quite a few wonderful options to take inspiration from.
You can build your pathway using:
- Gravel: This material is a simple, budget-friendly way to create a noticeable walking space.
- Stone edged gravel path: A step up from the above example, accentuating the edges with stones adds some dimension and makes it easier to walk between the lines.
- Stone path: If you want to add more naturalness to your garden giant stones are a unique way to create a path, and they stand the test of time by aging beautifully!
- Wooden boardwalk: Aside from the amazing look, this type of walkway is a great option for sloping lawns or gardens where the drainage tends to stick around and build in certain areas. While it’s a bit pricier for the materials, it adds just the right amount of charm.
- Mulch and stone combo: Gardeners rejoice! This pathway is incredibly easy to create and doesn’t require you to dig up your flowerbeds. Simply clear a small space through your growth and position some flat stones to guide your guests.
Are you looking to add a little safety to your outdoor spaces? Once you decide on the type of path you want to create, remember to order some low voltage landscape path lighting online to line your walkways with a bit of vibrance.
Lighten up the area by installing some low voltage landscape lighting
While colorful lanterns are a fun way to make your backyard space bright and vivid, they lack practicality, which is why additionally, you should also seek some outdoor lights that are built to bring safety, security, and aesthetics to your outdoor space.
A set of LED garden lights efficiently brighten up the surrounding areas at night and are great for landscaping purposes, sitting perfectly between garden beds and illuminating the natural touches of your yard when the sun goes down.
Directional lights are also a first-rate choice for homeowners, as they offer a spotlight quality that can be aimed towards the dim light corners of your property, providing a vast range of vibrance that deters unwanted visitors.
Lastly, when considering the installation of low voltage landscape lighting, step-deck fixtures are often overlooked. However, they should be one of the most fundamental choices, as they highlight hazards like steps, lips, and the edge of railings.
Tips and ideas for decorating your backyard
Now that you’ve got some workable arrangements that allow you to better spend your time when outside, there are some other fun ways you can adorn your backyard space, and yes, they’re cost-efficient!
- Paint your patio furniture
- Plant a new seedling or shrub (seasonal dependent)
- Have a campout
- Re-purpose old, indoor items for your outdoor spaces (mosaic tile pieces, decorative dishes, out-drawers
Do you have an interesting DIY adornment that you’re happy you did for your yard? Drop it in the comment section below to inspire others.