Making sure that your home stands out to potential buyers is of paramount importance when you’re trying to sell your home. And while many sellers will go out of their way to enhance their home’s curb appeal for daytime viewings, they often underestimate the importance of nighttime viewing. In actuality, a number of home buyers can only view properties at night because of their schedules. This is why making an impactful impression on buyers at night is crucial, and one of the best ways to achieve the desired results is to have beautiful pathway lighting. However, to achieve the desired results, many factors must be taken into consideration from the style of the lights to their placement on your property. Here’s a list of tips and tricks for how to use pathway lighting to enhance the curb appeal of your home.
Modern homes should use modern lighting
It’s important to make sure that the style of pathway lights you choose matches the design of your home. If not, you run the risk of making a negative first impression on your potential home buyers. For that reason, modern homeowners should choose pathway lights that are sleek and minimalist, so they’ll blend seamlessly with the streamlined look of your home. For example, selecting pathway lighting with a simplistic mushroom design and a black or brushed metal finish will create a look that’s eye-catching without being overpowering.
Classic homes should use ornate and elegant lighting
For a classic or traditional style home, it’s best to choose pathway lights that match the elegance of your home. For example, you should select pathway lights that feature a more ornate design or a weathered brass finish such as these three-tier pagoda lights. This way not only will your pathway lights match the beauty of your home, they’ll grab the attention of potential home buyers. Additionally, if your pathway or stairs features a custom paver or design, it’s best to choose lights that match these unique features.
Use lighting that blends with natural elements
If your front yard features a lot of gorgeous landscaping, we recommend choosing pathway lighting that will blend seamlessly with your natural elements. For example, if you have shrubs or natural stones placed strategically around your pathway or by your stairs, then you should choose lighting that can be placed on or around these elements.
Further tips and tricks
- When placing your pathway lights, it’s always best to space them out so that the light doesn’t become garish or overpowering.
- LED lights are the ideal choice for pathway lights because they are long-lasting and durable.
- You should always place your pathway lights at night; if not, you run the risk of creating unwanted shadows that may obstruct the view of your home.
- Make sure your pathway lights blend seamlessly with other lighting elements featured on your property such as porch lights and landscape lighting.
- Low voltage lighting is advised because they create a light that is soft and that mimics natural moonlight. They’re also less likely to produce any lighting pollution such as glare.
- If you find any of your lighting elements produce glare, it is possible to correct this problem with glare guards.
By following all of these simple tips and tricks, you’ll be able to use pathway lighting to enhance the curb appeal of your home and attract more buyers to your property.
Did we miss any path lighting ideas? Share your tips in the comments below!